This review is all about the Stila in The Light Palette. Why did I choose this palette? I had heard a lot about this palette, and the reviews honestly sounded too good to be true. Really, a makeup palette that i just ‘had to get my hands on’. Okay, anonymousblogger123, you enabler! Off i went to beautybay.com to get my hands on this palette.
Stila created four palettes in their “In the..” range which includes In the garden, In the moment, In the know, and In the Light. Out of all 4, In the Light was the most neutral and if I was going to be playing with my makeup, I’d prefer my clown looking makeup to not stand out quite so much.
This palette is honestly stunning. It has a mixture of matte and shimmer shades, with the majority of shades being quite pigmented. As if this wasn’t enough (its not), the majority of shade are also very buttery, and easy to blend with no fallout. The shades go on oh-so-smoothly, even when I don’t use a primer. This palette also comes with a small look book, which means it’s great for those just starting out with makeup, as well as having enough variety to appeal to the more experienced among us. Literally, this palette can go from a natural eye, to a bold gold look or sexy smokey eye, plus more.
One small downside of this palette is the packaging. I’m not saying its bad packaging, but I typically would expect more than cardboard packaging, when I buy a high end item like this palette. It just makes it seem a bit less special, as well as less durable. Another negative is this palette has been discontinued, which is why I chose to make this my first review because beautybay.com is still selling it, so If you liked the sound of my review, then there is still time for you to get your hands on it.
This palette includes the following shades
- Bare– A lovely cream matte shade (said to be the matte version of kitten). Great as a lid colour for fair-medium skin tones, but it doesn’t do much for my skin tone
- Kitten– The cult favourite shade from Stila. It’s a beauty shimmery champagne colour, which looks slightly different depending on the light. A very buttery eyeshadow which can also be used as a highlighter
- Bliss– Medium brown matte shade and is actually a very similar colour to my skin tone so love to use it as an all over lid colour
- Sunset- This colour is gorgeous. It’s a beautiful shimmery cooper shade which I love to use an all over lid colour. Definitely one of the stand out colours and there is already a noticeable dent in my pan L
- Sandstone– This shade is a less pigmented cocoa brown, which is lovely to use as a crease or outer corner shade to add drama. Beware, this might look matte as first glance but it does have a subtle gold flecks throughout.
- Bubbly– This colour is really similar to kitten but I find it a touch more golden. Still really buttery and easy to blend.
- Glided gold-A warm brown shade which is perfect from definition and drama and Its had a beautiful golden shimmer to it.
- Luster– A beautiful cool toned brown with golden shimmer, but it is another of the less pigmented shades in the palette.
- Night Sky– This shadow is a bluey-purple with a shimmer. This shade actually looks quite dark on my eyelids, so would be great for a smokey eye.
- Ebony– The all essential matte black. Not as pigmented as I would of liked, but still adds drama to eye looks.
(L-R: Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone, Bubbly, Glided Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony, Damsel*)
Added Bonus*: This palette also comes with a Stila Eyeliner is Damsel which is a dark brown. This eyeliner is surprisingly good because it’s very pigmented, and creamy, which means it is so smooth to apply. Plus it’s long lasting, and easily lasts the whole day on my eyelids. Awesome bonus
Price= $52 (NZD) on Beautybay.com (including shipping, yay)